Slideshow

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

No work today, so I have plenty of time to study up on my future Venetian experience.  Apparently the forecast there is rainy today, but hey, its about 20 degree's warmer, so I'll take it.  I have a feeling I'll be checking this website more than once in the week and a half to come. Venice weather

Also I just got a message from my university telling me the classes I got into and giving some pre-departure information.  For example, we have a full week of orientation (basically exploring Venice and meeting people) So classes don't start until March 1st.  They advised us to bring hangers, as other students find them expensive in Venice.  Ummmm, I have a feeling that isn't going to fit in my one suitcase limit.  Expensive hangers here I come.

My courses include:
  1. History of Venice
  2. Venice in the History of Music
  3. Italian for Foreigners (which begs the question, is there an Italian for Italians?)
  4. Sovereignty Supra-national Politics
  5. International Management: Managing Global Value Chains

Hopefully I will be able to get core credit for 4 and 5, because I would've much rather taken 2 more History courses.

Suffice to say I am counting the days (10 to be exact).  Oh, and to top it off, its Carnivale next week.  And I'm not there.  Talk about crappy luck (or college conspiracy...)

Till next time (possibly in Venice!!!) Ciao Bella!
 Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment